Johnathan Jones
Johnathan Jones
  • Anchorage, AK
Asked on Mar 25, 2018

Ideas to turn small space into hanging closet?

JcrawGrandmasue10Nancy Turner
+3

I live in an attic that has 3 small rooms with sloping walls, in between the walls is space that isn't being used and has been sheetrocked over. I want to turn the space into a hanging closet- only catch is it's Triangle shaped with the bottom being the top of the Triangle (like an upside-down pyramid). Any body have any plans/ideas, I need to do this in a day

• Nancy Turner

How tall and wide of a space is it?
  • Grandmasue10

It sounds like you could only do a low closet rod for shirts, blouses and folded over the hanger pants. No long dresses unless you can fold them up to fit. Perhaps a California type closet with shelves and drawers. Go to DIY on You Tube for hardware and trim you would need.
  • Jcraw

organizeit.com offers something called an instacloset. Very adaptable. Worth a look.
  • Jcraw

Oops. Instahangar. Also, many “portable closets” are height adjustable.
    it Would really help if you could give us a photo.
  • Jcraw

Re-rereading it, have you thought about shower curtain rods? If the walls are close enough together, they do adjust in width and are very reasonably priced.