Milda H
Milda H
  • Enumclaw, WA

Recycled Bookshelf Into a Bar

I bought this oak bookshelf/display unit at the thrift store for $15 in hopes of making a place to put my small wine frig and maybe some wine bottles on. A little paint, an MDF shelf, stem ware holder and some side boards turned it into a complete bar.
The only power tools I have is a drill motor and a palm sander. So I had to take my measurements to the store; buy the wood; and have them cut the pieces for me.
Removing the front doors
Removing the front doors
recycled bookshelf into a bar, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas
Added shelf above the frig to set liquor bottles on and side boards on the sides and back to keep bottles from falling off.
Put a $20 LED light at the back, behind the glass ware. You can also see the tension bar here I used to hang my painted canvas on. I took a piece of stiff canvas material and painted a scene of my favorite vineyard from a photograph I took last time I was there and then using a tension rod, hung it on the back side.
The light is perfect on the painting and over the liquor bottles.

• Milda H

I couldn't see that, Had my son look at it. It's not sagging. Must be an optical illusion. But I will keep that in mind should the need arise.

• Renata

ya know, ppls imaginations never stop amazing me. This is awesome and I sometimes go to the Ceramic show in Enumclaw so will have to look u up to test some of that there bar stuff on that way kool book shelf . LOL