Emily
Emily
  • Waterford, MI
Asked on Mar 26, 2018

Repairing a burned counter top

PatJoy30150932Sharon
+3

I burned a round circle in my laminate kitchen counter. Does anyone know how to repair or disguise it? I am not ready to replace them and do not want to paint them as I have a lot of surface area overall.

• Diana Vannoni

Check with your Home Owners Insurance company. They may replace the whole counter.
  • Ken

You have a tough row to hoe with this one. Burns produce a chemical change with little chance of undoing. You will be able to make it look better. Replace or painting using a high-quality countertop paint kit like those made by Gianni and sold on Amazon really are the only ways to make it new again. Here is a site with some advice. Good luck!

• Tinyshoes

We had a burn in ours when we moved in and counter was marblized so I just happened to find contact paper very near matching and was able to cover. It is really had to notice the place. It, however, is on a small corner of one side of the ceramic stovetop. Hope this helps a little!
  • Sharon

Only thing you can do is faux paint it to match.
  • Joy30150932

If you can cut the burn hole square and remove the burned area add a tile and glue it down. Make sure it fits snug into the opening.
  • Pat

Is it in a place that you can put a tile trivet over it or do like joy said and cut out the burned area and put a contrasting tile and make it look like it was supposed to be for a hot pan.