Asked on Mar 26, 2018

Does mold in your compost mean it's not usable?

2dogalJoy30150932Janet Pizaro
+2

Answered

5 answers
  • Betsy
    on Mar 26, 2018

    Well, not if there isn't a lot. Be sure to turn it a few times a week so that it will air out. If you are using a container, let the air get to it so that the mold will die. You don't want it air tight, compost needs light, air and water to be good. And, a good turning of the entire thing at least once a week after you get rid of the mold.
  • Ken
    on Mar 26, 2018

    Mold means it is working, and not ready for use yet. Just keep turning it over and give it a while longer before spreading it.
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Mar 26, 2018

    if you have mold in the compost pile it is not getting enough circulation.On a daily basis keep turning it over.
  • Joy30150932
    on Mar 26, 2018

    No, just turn it over every once in a while to make sure it working properly.
  • 2dogal
    on Mar 26, 2018

    When turning over your compost pile, make sure it doesn't dry out by sprinkling it with water.
Your comment...