Need a fence for my dogs

+6
  • Barb Adams Barb Adams on Mar 26, 2018
    I have been very happy with a fence made from 5' horse fence with metal posts. You can also use wood, chain link, block, aluminum. Dogs prefer to be able to see the area adjoining their yard.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Mar 26, 2018
    The easiest way to put up dog fence is to get cattle wire or something similar at home improvement and put in T-posts. Now T-posts are ugly, so we got the sleeves to cover them and attached the wire to the posts through the holes built into the sleeves. They also come with caps for the top for free, and the sleeves are very economical. The price depends on the height of your fence. We did purchase a fancier cap for the front T-posts in the front of our yard. It is a beautiful and very functional fence. No dogs get in or out.
  • My house has both wood and slumpstone fencing / walls. Here are some great options for you.

My preference is nothing they can get their paws stuck in and cause injury and huge vet bills.
  • Leah Leah on Mar 26, 2018
    Have you tried underground "fencing" . A friend loves it for her dogs. We live in gated community where you lose your dog if it roams. She has had it for years with no problems.
  • Barb Barb on Mar 27, 2018
    I have used the electronic fence with my dog since he was a puppy. It works great. He knows his boundaries Nothing to dig. Set the distance...either 35 or 90 feet diamter from the transmitter.
  • Electronic fence is the way to go for sure...
  • Jo Jo on Apr 08, 2018
    Just beware, a friends dog was killed by a loose dog entering an electronic fenced yard.
  • Oh that's so sad. But a great tip!