Maria Mathew
Maria Mathew
  • Canada
Asked on Mar 27, 2018

Manuel soap dispenser Vs Touchless soap dispenser

Kathy Farnham SampsonShoshanaEllis
+3

Which one do you prefer? I would go for a wall soap dispenser as they are easy to use, particularly for people that struggle to reach over countertops to access the dispenser. They also eliminate the common contact point where germs can be transferred. Now give your choice, please do specify a reason too. Do share the names of the companies that provide branded dispensers. Thanks!

• Ro

Manual
  • Chubby58

Go with the wall dispenser, and put a small pump for those that can reach it.
  • Ellis

I like both. I use the manual dispensers in the guest powder room and bathroom, and at the kitchen sink, with ordinary soap. I don't like to use antibacterial soap all the time. But, next to the kitchen sink, I also have a Lysol automatic dispenser with anti-bacterial soap, which I use when preparing food, cutting up meat, etc., to prevent spreading salmonella, etc. You just hold your hand under the spout, and a dollop of Lysol brand hand soap is dispensed.

I bought the Lysol dispenser a while ago, and it still works fine, but lately have had trouble finding the soap refills. I found them (and the Lysol dispensers) on Amazon.
  • Shoshana

I would check amazon. I am like using a manual dispenser. There's less of a chance of complications.
  • Kathy Farnham Sampson

I run a home child care. I bought a wall mounted, battery operated foam soap dispenser. The soap refills are expensive, but after the first two, I found if you drill a 1/8 inch hole (for air to escape when filling) and a 1/2 inch hole in the top of the soap bottle, and use a small funnel, you can refill them. For foam soap, I mix 1 part liquid soap to 3 parts water. Mine is a Pro Link brand. The batteries last a long time, I think I've only changed them about once or twice a year. I like that there is less mess around the sink with these. With the foam soap, you don't have to wet your hands first. The kids can use just one squirt, adults need two, rub it all over your hands and rinse and dry. It's saved me money and clean up time!
    • Gale O'Neal

If you just buy a manual foam soap dispenser (can get in any grocery store or your local Avon lady/gent) and when it is empty, no drilling involved, just fill with one part your favorite liquid soap and 3 parts water. Viola! Least expensive. I have had mine now for two years. (Refilled each time of course!)