I put up room darkening curtains and they are so stiff - help!

+5
  • Melanie Czoka Melanie Czoka on Mar 27, 2018
    You May be able to wash them, and not dry them. Check the tag to see. That worked wonders for ours.
  • Susan Susan on Mar 28, 2018
    I understsnd that soaking hard blue jeans in salt water softens them so perhaps it woyld work on stiff curtains as well.
  • Amy Ogden-Paparone Amy Ogden-Paparone on Mar 28, 2018
    Hi Tonya!
    I just did the same exact thing last year and no matter what I did to them they stayed as stiff as they were when I bought them. I
    bought these and I'm in love with them! You'd never know they were blackout curtains but they truly are and their soft and pretty. I'm posting the link just in case nothing works on the stiff ones you bought and you want to change them out!

• Patti Quinn Nolan Patti Quinn Nolan on Mar 28, 2018
    Recently I bought room darkening curtains and they were too stiff too. I first washed them with a little detergent and some fabric softener but they still felt too stiff. I left them in the machine and started the "Rinse & Spin" cycle but when it stopped filling with water I opened the lid and added 1 cup of softener and let them soak overnight. It seems to help make them less stiff. I am happier with them now. I probably could of made them even less stiff if I had added either more softener or repeated it again. Good Luck!