Looking for landscaping advice?

+5
I have a north facing house that gets very little sun - only about 2 hrs a day. Does anyone have any recommendations for foundation plants to landscape with? We are removing the azaleas because they are pretty sick looking and don’t bloom. We live outside Memphis, TN. I think that is zone 7. Thanks!
q landscaping advice
  • Sue Peet Sue Peet on Mar 27, 2018
    What a nice looking home you have and yes it does need some color to really bring out the beauty of your home. There are so many different types of plants. Your best bet is to find out what plants are native to area by visiting your local gardening store or greenhouse. There are many colorful Hosta that love the shade. Here are some shade lovers providing they will grow in your area, Coral Bells, Trillium, Bleeding Hearts, Ferns, Lily of the Valley (it spreads). It will also depend on if you want tall or short plants.
  • Ora26875774 Ora26875774 on Mar 27, 2018
    where do you live? max. and min. temperature?
    also are subjected to deers attacks?
  • Carol Thomas Carol Thomas on Mar 27, 2018
  • Melanie Melanie on Mar 27, 2018
    all the shades of hosta frome gree to yellow to blues
  • Christierei Christierei on Apr 08, 2018
    Your house is beautiful. There are many beautiful choices including : Pieris Japonica, clematis, hydrangea, violets , sweet woodroof and ferns. I would include a small patio size tree like a Japanese maple or willow. Remember that your flower bed can extend out from the house. I would create a bed on the left side that met up with the stone patio. Add potted plants to the central court yard area and impatiens along the sidewalk. Plants need light not direct sun.
  • Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Apr 08, 2018
    The home is lovely - and huge! I would have a taller type tree and some shrubs on the left in the pic (this portion of the home is more narrow than that on the right so would help balance) Do evergreens grow there? If so, plant out from the house so they have room to spread and to get the light. Then fill in closer to the house with suggestions above.