Installing Beadboard as Backsplash and Kitchen Makeover for $100

$100

While I was looking for a way to update my kitchen with a classic and inexpensive farmhouse style look I came across the beadboard which I instantly fell in love with. I completed my beadboard backsplash, added a pendant light and added some farmhouse charm to my cabinet for $100.00. Visit my blog to see my full tutorial.
We added this pendant light that I picked up from Lowe's for $30.00. My husband was able to tap into the current recessed lighting so that my switch works for the new pendant light as well. I love how this little light made such huge difference.
We started with using the beadboard that was picked up at lowe's. The panels are $20 a panel. I wanted to beadboard the whole wall including above the cabinets so we used to panels for a total of $40.00
My husband took all of our measurements we needed. He measured in between the cabinets and cupboards and also above the cabinets to see how to cut the beadboard to size. He also measured the outlets so he can cut those as well. You could also take your measurements before hand and have Lowe's or Home Depot cut it for you.
He used a jigsaw to cut the outlets to size and also for the corners and edges.
Once you have your beadboard cut place it in the area you will be using it and make sure it fits into place before you apply the construction adhesive.
When you are ready to adhere to the wall apply the construction adhesive directly to the wall or beadboard.
Use finishing nails in the corners to secure into place. You can do this with a nail gun or regular hammer.
Seal the beadboard by sealing the seams, corners and edges with caulk. Add your outlet extenders and fill seams and nail holes with wood putty and sand when dry. Once your beadboard is sealed and all imperfections or smoothed out paint your color of choice.
With the left over beadboard we added some rustic farmhouse charm to our lower cabinet. I had my husband apply the beadboard to the cabinet and frame with some extra wood we had on hand. I loved the aged rustic farmhouse look this has since I didn't fill any of the seams or corner.
I painted with a pure white to match the cabinetry.
The final look. We added beadboard, hung a pendant light and added some farmhouse charm to our standard cabinetry for $100.00

Melissa Lopes

To see more: https://simplyjunkin.com/2018/03/27/installing-beadboard-as-backsplash/

• Lori

Did you do the bead board before or after you did the faux brick I saw on another tutorial of yours? The bead board is nice but the brick added just a touch of color. Great job on both!

• Lori

Never mind, I just saw the bead board was the before.

• LD

Beautiful project!! Was the bead board hard to cut ? I have heard that it splinters easily.

• Harold

Could you use this in a bathroom?

• Sofia Aragon

WOOOW 👍

• Debby Dale

If you paint it with either appliance epoxy paint or countertop paint you will get a very washable and water resistant back splash.