Sherry
Sherry
  • Muscatine, IA
Asked on Mar 27, 2018

I have a candle spill stain on my carpet from a New Years Eve party.

SheriLynnAndra
+2

I have tried ironing it with a towel, a paper bag, but neither take stain out completely. Red candle. The carpet has been shampooed several times also.

• Candace

What colour is the carpet? I’ve done this exact thing on a light grey carpet. I used a brown paper bag and iron on low to get all the wax out, then I made a paste out of a powder stain remover and using a fibre cloth and circular motion, I removed the red dye....but I had to repeat the process about 10 x ! I let it sit about 2 hrs in the end and it completely lifted the stain and didn’t damage the colour or fibres of the carpet. Don’t give up.
  • Andra

I've removed wax from carpet by freezing it with ice cubes, then diligently picking/cutting out the pieces by hand. It's a pain, but it worked. Now, the stain from the red wax, you may want to try using 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap, and water. Spray the area liberally and let it soak for 5-10 minutes. Blot with a clean, dry towel until the stain is either removed or as removed as it's going to be. Hope it helps!
  • Lynn

That’s a toughy. Other then taking some scissors and slowly scrapping upwards to pull off wax and if heating didnt work, you could cut out square of carpet and replace if you have an available reminent.
  • Sheri

Hydrogen peroxide?