Asked on Mar 27, 2018

How do you clean makeup brushes?

Melanie CzokaTAMMY SPALSBURYCatherine.johnson
+13

• 27524803
    27524803

Use a mild soap or shampoo and cool to warm water.... fill the sink or a basin with water... add the soap or shampoo and swish the brushes around in the soapy water...... kind of like you are applying blusher....blot off the excess water with a towel... fill the basin with clean water and rinse the same way...repeat until all the soap is out of the brush.... gently shape if needed.. and hang (bristles down) or lay on a dry towel until completely dry.....
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

I put dawn in the palm of my hand, rub it into the brush, add a little water and suds it up. I make sure I rinse it really well, pour vinegar over it to make sure all bacteria is gone, let it sit a few minutes, then rinse, blot the water out and let dry.
    Janet Pizaro

plain warm watered not use any soap as the residue remains in the brush

• Julie Schmidt
    Julie Schmidt

Gentle soap and water.
  • Debra Grieve
    Debra Grieve

If you have something bumpy, (or you can make your own,) mix a drop of dish soap in about a cup of water. Swirl the brushes,then brush them back and forth on a bumpy surface for a few seconds to suds up. Then rinse well, shake out, and let air dry with bristle end up. To make a surface for brush cleaning, just put plastic wrap on something flat and whatever size you want. I've seen women use their phone. Anything will work! A plate, cutting board, scraps of wood or flooring, even fabric,etc. Once you wrap your surface, use a glue gun to make a grid type surface. Squiggles in a cross hatch pattern, dots, or some sort of design for a bumpy surface. It doesn't matter what size. You can use an old spatula, butter knife, a piece from a child's tea set, whatever, and put the glue dots directly on the piece and keep it with your brushes. A great free item to use is a sample of laminate counterparts from a big box store! I use those as scrapers, too! They last a very long time, and are almost waterproof. Have fun!

• TAMMY SPALSBURY
    TAMMY SPALSBURY

soap and water and be delicate not to mess up the bristles.
  • Catherine.johnson
    Catherine.johnson

Yes, thanks.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY
    TAMMY SPALSBURY

Your welcome.
  • Melanie Czoka
    Melanie Czoka

Baby shampoo