Chairs up-cycled to guest bed

61K Views
I needed a bed for my guest room, but wanted to add some personality with it. I knew these thrift store chairs were perfect when I found them.
  • chairs up cycled to guest bed, bedroom ideas, home decor, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I cut some braces to screw on in order to make the headboard and footboard act as one unit.
I added a large L bracket to each chair to keep the boxspring in place.
One matching head board and footboard in a matter of minutes with very little cost.
Add a quilt and pillows and you have a cute bed f

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question
      • Z
        Z

What a creative idea! I love it Shawn.

• Julie Collier
          Julie Collier Paw Paw, MI

Perfect even for a kids bedroom. They r always wanting a change and this is inexpensive enough to do just that.

• Shawn D
              Shawn D Globe, AZ

@Julie Collier thats partly why I loved the idea of chairs, they can be changed if wanted pretty easy, and the chairs are multi-use. so if you get tired of them as the bed, you can use them for something else. and the braces and brackets did minimal damage to them.