My Bay Window Solution!

$86

I have a trio of windows that I could not figure out how to fit curtains into. I also couldn't find curtains I liked.

I finally found the solution and wanted to share it for others searching as well.
my bay window solution
First I found these cool Ikea window shades. I really wanted curtains on either side of each of the window shades but because of the way the windows were straight rods didn't work.
my bay window solution
It took alot of looking but I finally found the Umbra Bayview Adjustable Drapery Rod System for about $50. It's perfect for unusual windows because it has bendable corners and the rods are extendable.
my bay window solution
It comes with everything needed- metal rods, metal finials, rubber corner connectors, cast metal brackets, metal screws and plastic screw anchors. There are assembly instructions but they are pretty minimal so hopefully you can see from the pictures and video how we did it.
my bay window solution
Here you can see the curtain rod follows the line of the window and bends to fit the curves easily.
my bay window solution
I only wanted my curtains to be decorative and fill in the space between each window and on the ends. Here you can see how it looked as I was putting each curtain into place.
my bay window solution
My curtains are actually tablecloths, lol. I couldn't find any paisley patterned curtains that I liked so I bought long rectangular Better Homes and Gardens tablecloths and cut them in half lengthwise. Then I hemmed them and sewed the rod pocket at the top. It was easy and worked so well for me!

My IKEA paisley window blinds were clearanced in 2016 and they don't seem to sell them anymore. I know someone will ask so thought I'd mention that.
It cost about $50 for the special curtain rod set up. The tablecloths turned curtains cost about $36 for this bay window. I really love the end result and hope that this helps anyone looking for a similar set up!

• Cynthia Marie Vann

Beautiful! Great idea. Our bay window has two smaller windows on either side of a big window. I bought 3 curtain rods, and my husband cut the rods to fit the smaller windows. It works. But I like the look of yours better. Never saw a rod like that!

• Rose Broadway

That's a very pretty solution!