Asked on Mar 28, 2018

Can you paint kitchen cabinets that are not solid wood?

LarueGuido Michael TaboneElizabeth Michels Pinizzotto
+2

• Pat Russell

Yes. But I wouldn't sand them, jut clean very well and put a coat of Kilz on to cover any stains. Then paint! Should work just fine and good luck with your kitchen change!
  • Absolutely. Just clean, prime then paint. Make sure you use the correct formula for your surface.
  • yes you can but advance prep is the key to successful painting. You probably need to clean, then sand or use a grip coat before painting. Depending on what the cabinets are made of will determine how much you have to do. Research as much as possible and start with something small, like one door or drawer face.
  • Guido Michael Tabone

Yes you can, I had a kitchen which was orange from the 70’s, I washed it with sugar soap and lightly roughed it with 400 grade amery not sand paper never sand paper, because the grit will come out in the paintwork, lightly wash again with a damp cloth.go over it again with a dry cloth. Use a rust protection paint for metal in a pressure pack ( can) and mask the areas you don’t want sprayed, if it’s cold where you are put the can in hot water for about 5 minutes shake well and spray away, I once hand painted a vehicle in the middle of a 42 degree day middle of our Aussie Summer, with a brush, in high gloss enamel, I was asked later what Auto Shop did the spray job., I said a $4 brush and lots of Sunshine 😂 😂.Spray away my friend.
  • Larue

Yes, use a primer then a good quality paint . Can be waxed,glazed or left bare..