Nancy
Nancy
Asked on Mar 29, 2018

How can I clean my leather wallet where oil from my hands have stained

Han11807599Johnavallance82Janet Pizaro
+2

it. I have tried leather cleaner tto no avail.

• Nancy Turner

It may have permanently changed the color, try using a paste shoe polish a little darker that would cover the stain and use it on the whole wallet.
  • Jennifer

Blot the stain with a microfiber cloth and remove as much oil as you can. Then with some talcum powder or another absorbent powder like cornstarch or wheat germ, cover the stain liberally. Allow the powder to sit on the stain overnight. The powder should draw the grease and moisture out of the leather. In the morning, brush off the powder and the stain should be gone.
  • Johnavallance82

Have you tried soapy water and a toothbrush? If not, maybe the best thing might be to oil the rest to match, as it appears to have sunk into the leather. Then use a wax polish to seal it.........
  • Han11807599

Leather ages, instead of cleaning it, how about staining the rest of it to match the stained parts?