Asked on Mar 29, 2018

Candle lids

Lina SplichalFix It JenJohnavallance82
+5

...various sizes of candle lids...the bubble ones....should i chunk to trash...or can a project be done...

• Ann Cherkas Halstead
    Ann Cherkas Halstead

You could set a Christmas scene in the bubble and hang them.
  • AmAtHome
    AmAtHome

Most you can take off the ring, turn upside down, and use to hold small items. Or as a tealight candle holder. And if you wanted to reuse them, you can always paint or glue glass gems on the edge for decoration.
  • Connie Hirchert Stadelmann
    Connie Hirchert Stadelmann

No matter what you do, it will always look like a jar candle lid. I say pitch it!
  • Sherri
    Sherri

I don't know how many times I could use a lid when making a project. The dollar store glass items are nice to use but most don't have a lid. I know the lids would fit on some of these items so you could make some beautiful storage items. I sure wouldn't throw them away!
    Janet Pizaro

you may find something of interest here.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/270708627571713413/?lp=true
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Do you still have the candle jar too, as could be cleaned out and used as bathroom storage, sweet jars, craft storage etc........They may fit other jars........
  • Fix It Jen
    Fix It Jen

You might be able to use them as a frame to make suncatchers or something like that...
  • Lina Splichal
    Lina Splichal

If you mean the glass lids such as the jar lids from Yankee jar candles, you could turn them over and use them to sort small items like tacks, paper clips or beads. You could use them as guest gifts filled with small mints, nuts or M&Ms. They can be painted. You can modge podge a picture onto it, either over the arc of the globe or on the flat bottom. I can envision a bunch of them glued to a board, possibly in the shape of a wreath or some other shape.