Asked on Mar 30, 2018

GARBAGE DISPOSAL

Joye R. FosterMogieElizabeth Michels Pinizzotto
+6

My disposal spits food out when you start it and then works fine. What is the problem and fix?

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

Maybe you need to run water in it and let it run to completely empty out after you use it. Then do the same when you start it up, turn on the water and turn on the switch before you put food down it. Just an idea we did to prevent ours from the same problem.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

What about a sink strainer. They lay flat with a hard screen strainer and I throw everything in there, I just empty it into the disposal. Always have the strainer in the drain hole when using the disposal and it won’t spit at you!
  • 27524803
    27524803

Is the rubber insert missing from your garbage disposer... that should keep the unit from spitting food at you ... that is why it is there.
  • start the water running and disposal going before you start pushing scraps in. That might help
  • Mogie
    Mogie

We have a rubber gasket that keeps food from being spit out.
  • Joye R. Foster
    Joye R. Foster

My problem is with the gasket in place. Thanks