Asked on Mar 30, 2018

HOW TO BUY A SLEEP SOFA I WAS READING IT WHEN YOU ADDED MORE THINGS

Cynthia HJcrawSusan krom
+1

• Dfm

Hi Phyllis! Which type of sofa sleeper do you want...there is a type called a jack knife...you lift up at a certain place and the back lays flat And even with the seat. Then there is a type that you remove the couch cushions and pull up and out the wire frame with a mattress on it, some models now come with an air mattress instead of the standard type. Call a few furniture stores, see who has the sofas on display and try a few out. Personally I like the jack knife.
  • Susan krom

Also is this something you are going to use pretty often? People often buy these and rarely use them, so not worth the expense over just buying an inexpensive air mattress and using when needed.
  • Jcraw

I’m in total agreement with Sue. I’ve rarely slept on one, because they are generally so uncomfortable. Once in place the are never moved because they are so heavy and ackward. Look around for options like daybeds, trundle beds, and air mattresses. They’re also now making blow up loungers cheap.
  • Cynthia H

A futon is another option. The mattresses/cushions available for them and the styles are much nicer than they used to be.