Red New Potato Tips From Seed to Harvest

$14
4 Months

I love potatoes, they really go with anything. They are yummy mashed, boiled, friend, roasted, and they might be my favorite food! So on top of all that, they are so easy to grow!! Here are my tips for planting and harvesting red new potatoes.

I started with a few potatoes from the last batch I harvested. I think that is the best part of the whole potatoes growing process, use what is left over. I keep them in a box and let them start growing a bit before planting.

Plant the potatoes starters in a mound of soil and let them grow! make sure to give enough dirt in depth since the potatoes grows in the ground. the deeper you give the plant to grow the better. In about a month or so you will see a little plant shoot up!

Give it a little bit longer, about another 1-2 months and the plant gets even bigger!

You know it is time to harvest when the plant looks dead. Use your hands or a small shovel to dig up the potatoes.

Wash them and enjoy! nothing better than a fresh potato straight from your garden!!

Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes