Musky smelling towels even after washing in hot water, detergent and v

+7
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 31, 2018
    Try Flower smelling disinfectant- usually pink in colour...........
  • Edie Pfeifer Edie Pfeifer on Mar 31, 2018
    try putting 1 cup of baking soda in with detergent. Oxy clean may work. If all else fails use chlorine bleach, this will fade colors, but probably will eliminate the smell.

• Marie Rother Marie Rother on Mar 31, 2018
    Baking soda mixed in the water first then add towels
    make sure they don’t sit in the washing machine more than a 1/2 hour

• See 1 previous
    • That could be it! Before tossing, I would soak those towels overnight in a vinegar, water, baking soda mix for one last ditch effort to save them. Good luck!
  • Cat17939972 Cat17939972 on Mar 31, 2018
    Wash them with vinegar. If it's really bad let them soak in the washer wih the vinge
  • Jami Jami on Mar 31, 2018
    NO BLEACH! It'll wreck your towels!
    I use white distilled vinegar and it works! Just fill up the fabric softener dispenser on your washing machine and run a rinse cycle only, or if you want to completely re-wash which I do sometimes, put laundry detergent in as normal, with vinegar in the bleach dispenser and fabric softener in it's dispenser (if you choose). The vinegar smell will not stay in your clothing, it will dissipate as does with vinegar. Dry clothing as normal and no more stinky! :)
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Mar 31, 2018
    I always fill the softener cup with vinegar, and I use Tide Sport detergent. My boys can have smelly clothes, and they come out sweet as ever. The vinegar does take out the smell of the laundry soap, but I think that is ok, too.
  • M. M.. M. M.. on Mar 31, 2018
    If you don't have many towels, lay them out in the sun after washing and drying. Turn them over or hang them on a line to really get the UV light into them.