Lisa Meyers
Lisa Meyers
  • Plumerville, AR
Asked on Apr 1, 2018

What is the easiest perineal vine flower?

BetsyDesertRoseJoan LeVasseur
+13

Not a clematis..... I somehow hill them or they just will not grow!!
I can grow everything but a clemati..
and a beautiful color arrangemen. I want vibrant this year! Yellows purples and maybe a hint of white.

Help!

• Sharon

Wave petunias, morning glories, lobelia

Morning Glories, although not peraneal, are self seeders - lots of seeds:( Too many seeds! But, they are beautiful vine flowers. Like Lisa, I am the Grim Reaper of the Clematis:( Honeysuckle is a pretty vine. And, it depends if your area is sunny or shady, too. The Hummingbird vine is nice, as is the Mandevilla. Have you tried a climbing rose?
    • Lisa Meyers

I also love mandavilla plants and I can grow them well.
      Im glad to see someone else has issues with a clematis lol
      happy spring!
      Thank you!
  • Linda Sikut

This website might help your search. It's about native plants in Arkansas. Good luck.
    • Lisa Meyers

Linda, I'm gonna start my google search!

but I did get a lot of help on here!

happy day and planting

Lisa
  • Joan LeVasseur

My clematis was not doing well until I moved it to a sunny area and shaded the roots. Now it looks gorgeous. There is a lovely vine called moon flower but I can't remember the latin name.
    • Lisa Meyers

How beautiful Joan!
      maybe ill try your idea.
      i love clematis so much too!
      thank you for helping me out.
      Happy plantin!!
  • DesertRose

Depending on your zone area, honey suckle is one of the easiest, or wysteria, those and also morning glories. They all come in different color choices and in some areas grow like weeks (literally). They do well south of the Mason Dixon Line and a few north of it somewhat but not in extreme colds like the Northwest or Rocky Mt. West.
    • DesertRose

Post us a photo of you think about it! We get excited too about our spring flowers, but since It snows usually right up to last weekend of May, that is the earliest I put any flowers out. haha

My ex's uncle had a nursery and laughed because he had heard that I always killed Violets. He gave me one when we were at a party and said "This one should live". He handed it to me and one of the heads fell off the minute I took possession of the plant:( He nearly had a heart attack because the flower was plastic!  Anyway, hope the Mandavilla works out for you if you decide on that.

Yeah, there are some plants that I have the kiss of death with. I had one plant that just wouldn't die! I got it from my ex when I found out that he was fooling around. He sent it to me in a bouquet. The flowers died, the plant lived on. We got divorced, the plant lived on. I told it that I knew Euell Gibbons, the guy that lived on plants. It lived on. I finally gave it away:) Yes, it's still living after 50+ years. That's one tough plant!