Fantasyland Directional Signs

$8
1 Day

I've always loved the look of the directional signs that point the way to...somewhere you just read about in books. So I decided to make my own!
fantasyland directional signs
I had these old picket fence pieces that the paint had faded off of. I liked that look and decided they were good as they were. Because I used pickets they had a pointed end which added to the look.
fantasyland directional signs
All I had to buy was a 4x4 and about 10 ft long worked well for us. We didn't concrete it in because we weren't sure if we might want to relocate it at some point.
fantasyland directional signs
Creating stencils is so easy if you have a Cricut stencil machine but of course you can just paint the wording on if you have a steady hand.
fantasyland directional signs
I always have a stash of spray paints in my basement. I love spray paints that are bright fun summer colors!
fantasyland directional signs
I sprayed over the area of the stencils but also put little blasts of other colors on for fun.
fantasyland directional signs
I figured out which ones went where so they would point in various directions and nailed them in. Two nails keeps them from spinning.
fantasyland directional signs
A few nails later and it was looking pretty good!
fantasyland directional signs
We really like the look and with it along the sidewalk others have enjoyed it too!

• Pamela

Hi , this looks so cute !!!!

In our front garden , one of our bushes died , my husband cut back the branches and I made direction signs , too. Mine were the classic black and white with how many mile away the town is . I chose places where family members live !

My next project is to make alternate markers for the different holidays.

• Brenda

Love this! Thank you for sharing :)