Fantasyland Directional Signs

$8
1 Day

I've always loved the look of the directional signs that point the way to...somewhere you just read about in books. So I decided to make my own!
I had these old picket fence pieces that the paint had faded off of. I liked that look and decided they were good as they were. Because I used pickets they had a pointed end which added to the look.
All I had to buy was a 4x4 and about 10 ft long worked well for us. We didn't concrete it in because we weren't sure if we might want to relocate it at some point.
Creating stencils is so easy if you have a Cricut stencil machine but of course you can just paint the wording on if you have a steady hand.
I always have a stash of spray paints in my basement. I love spray paints that are bright fun summer colors!
I sprayed over the area of the stencils but also put little blasts of other colors on for fun.
I figured out which ones went where so they would point in various directions and nailed them in. Two nails keeps them from spinning.
A few nails later and it was looking pretty good!
We really like the look and with it along the sidewalk others have enjoyed it too!

15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas

• Pamela

Hi , this looks so cute !!!!

In our front garden , one of our bushes died , my husband cut back the branches and I made direction signs , too. Mine were the classic black and white with how many mile away the town is . I chose places where family members live !

My next project is to make alternate markers for the different holidays.

• Brenda

Love this! Thank you for sharing :)