T-shirt Quilt!

My daughter saved many t-shirts from 13 years of scouting and some of them were wonderful memories and creations. I'm so sorry I didn't take step by step pictures, but you get the general idea... make a square template the size you need. Cut the logo's or designs out and sew them together in strips. I did add an extra step. Since some of them were thin and t-shirt material is so difficult to work with, I took an old white cotton blend sheet and backed the t-shirt squares with it. This thing weighs a ton, but not one stitch has come out and she's had it all the way through college and it's gone to every picnic, movie on the square, movies in the room...etc. I'm not a great seamstress... so pretty much anyone can do this!
All these wonderful designs.
If the Logo was small, I stitched 4 together just like a patchwork quilt to make one large square. You can see 3 together in the 3rd line down, and the 4th line down in the picture.
She could barely hold it up.
This thing weighs a ton, but not one stitch has come out and she's had it all the way through college and it's gone to every picnic, movie on the square, movies in the room...etc.
A thin later of batting and a backing that would pop in a dorm room. The backing is actually a cotton/blend sheet. That's one happy girl with her quilt about to go off to college 4 years ago.
Sentimental homemade binding and a sheet back
I made my own binding out of a sentimental fabric. YouTube had a great "how to" on sewing the ends together to make a long strip.
She still loves her quilt and all the memories it holds.. and that her Mom made it.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 13 comments
Next