Should I paint the ceiling to match walls?

+5
8x8 pwdr rm with lots of light, White tile flrg. Full width mirror over wall width Wht vanity. Thinking of painting room in pale gray/greige and extending the color to include the ceiling.

• Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Apr 01, 2018
    Sure since it is a light color, but if you sell - most people prefer a white ceiling and ceiling paint is usually semi-gloss.
  • Itsmemic Itsmemic on Apr 01, 2018
    sure ! Why not...it will look great !
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 01, 2018
    Only if you want to! There are no rules about this---- white ceilings are the traditional way to paint, but I like extending the wall color to the ceiling for two reasons--- first, it is easier to do the job since you don't have to tape anything off. Second, it keeps the color flowing throughout the room so there is no break.
  • Yes, go for it! Lots of light does matter and as long as you choose a light enough shade, I think it would look wonderful. I know someone that added glitter to the ceiling when doing this, not a lot, just enough to have a slight twinkle effect. I absolutely love it. Since it is a small room, I do not think people will balk about it if you decide to sell. Give them a $100 credit, let them repaint the ceiling if they do not like it.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 01, 2018
    Why not!
  • Ro Ro on Apr 02, 2018
    NO! it will make it look smaller
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Apr 02, 2018
    Go for it! It looks elegant.
  • Sandy Sandy on Apr 02, 2018
    I like to paint all my ceilings the same color as the walls, first off I cannot afford all colors of paint and I'm a light colored girl, meaning I don't go for very dark walls, IE red/blue, second off except in the bath room very light blue walls and white ceiling...Its your house paint how you want to...