Sandra
Sandra
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Asked on Apr 1, 2018

It's spring and it's time to plant flowers any ideas?

FRESHCUTKYBijousValerie Van Bergeijk
+4

q it s spring and it s time to plant flowers any ideas

what is your location
  • Fiddledd224

Sandra,

I don't know where you live, but I would take this photo to your local nursery and ask them to show you plants that they recommend. They only stock items guaranteed to grow in your region. Also let them know which side of the house this is on so you will know how much or little sunshine this patch gets during the day since this is valuable info to know when selecting plants.
  • Linda

Just purchased flowering seed blankets. Mine came from big lots. They had two varieties all one flower and an assorted and wild flower one. $7.00 for ten feet. Water well twice a day to germinate. I am hopeful they will grow up like the photos. My daughter has tried before and says they work. Good luck!
  • Valerie Van Bergeijk

I would suggest planting perennials in a variety of colors and choose plants based on the amount of sunlight. You probably don't want anything that would get too tall or bushy. You can always fill any blank areas with annuals planted in the soil or in containers on shepherd's hooks.
  • FRESHCUTKY

How about lots of annual flowers? That way, you could change it to make it look different every year if you like. There are a lot of pretty annuals that are easy to grow from seed :) :)

- Tonya