What is the best way to clean tracks on sliding doors

+8
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 01, 2018
    Vac up dust etc. and use a toothbrush with toothpaste on to clean the track. Use Wet wipe or tissue to mop up......
  • Christy Christy on Apr 01, 2018
    wide sponge and a paint brush hot soapy water
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Apr 01, 2018
    I've always found that a paint brush (cheap at the dollar store) is great for loosening things up. Then vacuum it out and if any dirt remains, scrub it out with a scrub brush and then wipe it down.
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 01, 2018
    Use any liquid cleaner like window cleaner, degreaser, etc., clean and dry. I use a small paint brush to get the dirt out from the corners. Vacuum as well as you can and then put some wax in the track, any kind, spray, paste, furniture, car, etc. That should do it for you.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Apr 01, 2018
    Here is a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GSxmizjL5k
  • Andra Andra on Apr 01, 2018
    I've used old toothbrushes and paint brushes for the tracks on mine. I suggest vacuuming first just to cut down some of the harder work!
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 02, 2018
    You preferred cleaner, a plastic knife wrapped in a paper towel. Spray your cleaner in the tracks & use the knife wrapped in the paper towel to scrape/scrub.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 08, 2018
    I put strips of old t-shirts on the end of a ruler (tied with rubber bands). I spray Windex on the rag and wipe the tracks. Afterward, I put a layer of Vaseline on the track to make the door easier to slide. (it also attracts dirt so it is easier to remove next time).
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on May 10, 2021

Hi,

Vac and a toothbrush!