Asked on Apr 2, 2018

Any suggestions on how to restore a concrete bench?

Mileydis CespedesBarbKelly Denoyer Russell
+11

We have a concrete bench in the front yard that is a bit drab. Does anyone have suggestions on how to dress her up a bit? I was thinking white paint, but what kind? Over the winter I used the bench to hold other craft projects.
q any suggestions on how to restore a concrete bench

Clean,Prime with a exterior primer for cement, paint with a cement exterior paint and protect with a marine exterior varnish
  • Geew

Freshen it up with some new paint and either tile or create a mosaic on the seating area.
    Photos courtesy of Pinterest.
  • JohnHW

I would say any color that you like that won't show dirt and mold easily and you can wash without worrying about pealing the paint off. Keep in mind that concrete is a porous material that will take extra paint. You might look at a concrete paint. Good luck.

• Ghi22279354

Thoroughly clean by pressure washing and the apply a concrete paint or concrete stain to the concrete. You can also apply bleach to clean the surface and then pressure wash.
  • Jewellmartin

I would say paint with a couple of coats of concrete paint that goes with your house, then stencil large flowers. Add a weather resistant cushion or two. You could still sit on it and make it part of many vignettes. Please post the beginning and end of this bench redo on Housetalk. ☺️
  • Tallahassee Girl

Great advice, Jewell
  • Missy Burch

I'd first power wash it with some Simple Green cleaner, let it dry throughly before you paint. If it was be, I'd paint it with a mint green or turquoise color, that I watered down a little & sponge it on- so it looked very aged.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell

No matter your decision def. use concrete stain or paint. Don’t just get a bucket of outdoor White House paint!
  • Barb

Spray paint it black and purchase a resin large scale planter that looks like concrete and spray that black as well and place next to it with a hanging plant placed into the urn. Black is classy
  • Mileydis Cespedes

Here I show you what I did
    , Here I show what I did