What is the best way to really get rid of mice ?

+4
I am being attacked by mice . Have lived here since 1974 and never had a mouse until now . Have tried peppermint, glue traps, poison, nothing seems to work.

• Amy Ogden-Paparone Amy Ogden-Paparone on Apr 03, 2018
    Hi Vandy,
    If there is any new construction in your area, that is where the mice are coming from and now they're looking for a new home. The tried and true method of getting rid of mice from your home is the old fashioned spring trap and a dab of peanut butter.
  • Raven 9751 Raven 9751 on Apr 03, 2018
    I use Just One Bite in my attic and barn. You can only buy the pellet form at a Feed store. I have never used the the solid form. The rats eat the poison and return to outside to die most of the time. Be careful no desireable critters eat this poison.
  • Happy Days Hometalker Happy Days Hometalker on Apr 03, 2018
    We live on a canyon and have the same problem. First up, I dismantled our bread drawer, unfortunately we now have to keep the bread in the refridge, I dont like it but its better than having mice. I cleaned out all kitchen cabinets and drawers, purchased " mice tunnels " and glue strips, them I put them in the back of cabinets, I check the all of the drawers and tunnels & glue strips daily with a flashlight, my husband removes any dead mice. Out of our dogs reach I put glue strips near exterior doors . After doing all of the above, I don't see evidence of mice. Good luck, its a daily plan , it seems to have worked.
  • Mcg29336856 Mcg29336856 on Apr 03, 2018
    Have you tried the old fashioned snap traps baited with peanut butter? Or how about adopting a cat? 😺
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 03, 2018
    Remove anything edible and put it in solid plastic containers they can't smell through or chew through. It is very inconvenient to say the least, but better then feeding them and then cleaning up after. They create a miserable mess.
    We used sticky traps and they were effective, the snap ones not so much. They learned to avoid the D Con chew-able granules and the sticky traps, you have to keep moving the sticky to be one step ahead of them.
    Pest control companies can come pay you a visit and objectively look over your house, they have a spray black foam that will seal off any entry ways you may not pickup on. Mice can come in along the pipes and where electrical wires enter the house.
  • Han11807599 Han11807599 on Apr 03, 2018
    I've had great luck using "D-Con" poison, just be very careful if you have any house pets that might eat a dead, poisoned mouse!