What would be a good way to display old Valentine's and handkerchiefs

+7
I have my grandmother's Valentines, they're almost a hundred years old, and many of her handkerchiefs--Some of the Valentines and handkerchiefs even match and I would like to somehow find new or display them in a way that would preserve them and give them as gifts to my granddaughters

• Susan Massey Susan Massey on Apr 03, 2018
    How about a glass display case, what we use to call a "shadow box"?
  • P McCammon P McCammon on Apr 03, 2018
    Put them in a frame or shadow box.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Apr 03, 2018
    Can also use scrap book and dress it up for your grandmother. Display on coffee table or in your home where family and friends can see and page through. You may be able to buy those thin paper sleeves that you can open card and slide each inside, then fold (could probably make your own and tape closed at back. This will allow you to open each one without cutting yet still be protected due to age. Good luck. I do love shadow boxes too!
  • Debbi Morrow-Carlson Debbi Morrow-Carlson on Apr 03, 2018
    A spoon rack is a great way to show off handkerchiefs. Grab the handkerchief in the center and shake. Place the corner made through the notch for the spoon.
  • Betsy Betsy on Apr 03, 2018
    You can buy some old fashioned looking picture frames at a thrift store and put them in there with some old fashioned paper as a background. Maybe that paper used for scrap-booking?
  • Han11807599 Han11807599 on Apr 03, 2018
    A framed shadow box with a glass door would work well.
  • Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 04, 2018
    I 2nd the shadow box idea or old frames. Use the handkerchiefs in the background & the valentines in the foreground.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 09, 2018
    Sew them into a quilt or patchwork pillow.
  • Barb Adams Barb Adams on Apr 10, 2018
    You can make a shadow box with a frame: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Shadow-Box-Frame. I would add glass for the frame to keep your delicate keepsakes dust-free.