Deb
Deb
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

Pergola Shade

$65

I made this Pergola shade out of painter's canvas, wire, gromets and carabiners.. It was very easy and will be great in the summer here in SC. The lines you see are a placket I made to strengthen it and that is where the gromets are on the sides.
pergola shade
make the wire in 2 "square" sections and tighten it as much as possible. then measure and sew the material.. I also washed it so it would shrink a bit because it was cotton and would shrink in the sun some. Gromets were placed about 18 inches apart. I also placed hooks in the middle of each "square" on the wood to keep it tighter in the middle.

• Wendy

It looks great!!

Great and low cost solution. A lot of people buy shade sails when they can make their own. Super share.