Sara yaker
Sara yaker
  • Miami, FL
Asked on Apr 3, 2018

Avocado trees' falling leaves - help!

BrochoAna BacallaoMogie
+3

both my avocado trees have bloomed but are loosing all leaves!!!help! will I have any avocados? I usually get quite an amount around august. Thank you.

• Sara yaker

Thank your the info, this has NEVER happened before. I have the sprinkler system working twice a week. One of the trees is almost 30 years old and has always given me hundreds of huge avocados, but had never shed like this year. I am in Miami.
  • Ana Bacallao

What area of the country are you in? I'm in South Florida and mine has bloomed. My fruit is ready around August. Some leave shedding is normal.
  • Brocho

Look online for info on "CLEOMES". They are beautiful, tall, very hardy, no upkeep, fully deer resisrant and will reproduce to the point that you will pull out seedlings and either give them away or share them. I have harvested my first batch and will be sowing them soon. My original plants were pulled out of my mother's gardens and lawn. Extremely enjoyable. And yes, as the previous person mentioned, marigolds are fully deer proof. They are easy to work with. The huge ones (don't know the exact name) produce large flowers and lots of strong color, long into fall. They booom all season. I even bring flower heads, putting them into little whiskey cups when I need a touch of color somewhere in the house. Beautiful when grouped together to make a huge splash of color (as all flowers should be.)
  • Brocho

sorry, this was meant for "What plants are deer resistant."