Any ideas for upcycling art?

+7
Hey! I'm from Luxembourg and I make Upcycling arts. My question is: who has some simple new ideas for me? I work normally with glas, wood, metal.... But perhaps somebody has new ideas.... Luxembourg is so small and everybody does the same things.... :-( Thank you so much!!!!!

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 03, 2018
    You can use plastic bottles and tin cans. Look on Pinterest.com and just type in what materials you wish to use, i.e., pop bottle crafts, tin can crafts, pine cone crafts, even grass crafts and golf ball crafts! Just think of what you want to make a craft out of and put down that word and then crafts after that! Check out egg shell crafts and egg shell mosaic crafts. They are really pretty! Good luck in whatever you choose, and post some pictures of your finished products:)

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 03, 2018
    I would go onto the arts and crafts websites and use those for inspiration.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 03, 2018
    Hello. The Hometalk website has many great ideas. Go to Hometalk.com and in the search box type in “wood art“ to see what types of art our Hometalk contributors have created. Then go back to the search box and type in “glass art“ and again you will see a variety of artwork done in glass. Do the same for each type of material you would like to use. I know this will get your creative juices flowing. Good luck!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Apr 03, 2018
    Have you looked at pinterest?
    Heres a link to get started!
    I can loose hours looking around there and save many ideas for future consideration!

Enjoy your creative adventures...hope you'll share some creative projects with us here on Hometalk!

• Suzanne Suzanne on Apr 03, 2018
    many years ago I saw some beautiful pictures done with LINT, yes, lint from the drier !!! She would save the different colors in baggies and use them ! She did landscapes, flowers just like quilting almost.

• Janet Panos Janet Panos on Apr 04, 2018
    You are welcome! Hometalk is happy to help when we can!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Apr 06, 2018
    How about cutting up postcards or magazines into pieces of mostly one color each, and some that could be a jumble of colors? Make a mosaic of nearly anything that would make tourists think of a place in Europe or Luxembourg specifically. Try to work in words of one or more languages into your picture.
    Or start with a cheap print of a local or European artist, but add cutouts of things like a cow coming out from a cloud, or the Eiffel Tower standing in a flower garden. ☺️