Pottery Barn Mirror Hack

$15

Have you seen these mirrors? I love them and want one but holy cow! $299 and up for these and that is just not in my budget. I created a Pottery Barn mirror hack using Dollar Tree mirrors.

Here is the picture of the original at Pottery Barn. It goes for $299!
I ran to Dollar Tree and purchased 9 mirrors, and 2 pieces of black poster board. Total - $11
I laid out my mirrors on my table, mirror side down so I could work on gluing them together.
I started with a little E6000 gluing all the creases between the mirrors. After letting that dry I also glued over all of the creases with hot glue.
Once the hot glue was dry and cool, I added a piece of gaffers tape along each of the lines and in a giant "x" to add strength.
I cut my 2 pieces of black poster board so it would fit the back of the mirrors. I hot glued the poster board to the back of all the mirrors for extra strength and a solid back.
Here is what it looks like after I finished it. It can go vertical or horizontal.
I used 4 command strips to place it on the wall. You can find the kind of Command Hooks and how they work on my Hometalk tutorial here - http://www.hometalk.com/36771560/command-hook...

I love how it turned out!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Linda
    Linda

What is the black tape you used?

• Rory McBean
      Rory McBean

Gaffer's tape is named after the Gaffer guys behind the scenes in the theater. It is a fabric tape with adhesive that doesn't leave any sticky residue. It's a great alternative for duct tape.

• Hope Martin
    Hope Martin

Maybe I missed something in the article, but did the mirrors come from the Dollar Tree or Amazon?

• Becky
      Becky

I had to wait over two months of searching every Dollar Tree in my area to finally get these mirrors before they were bought out by someone else. I only say that to let you know that this is not something you’re just gonna walk into the dollar tree and pick up off the shelf. Unfortunately, the ones available had black frames so last night I spray-painted all of them with Rustoleum paint in Brushed Nickel.....which I completely by happenstance found on the clearance aisle for $2 at Walmart. 😉

• DD53
    DD53

I’ve been looking for these mirrors at Dollar Tree for quite some time. I’ve never found them. They are not currently available on line either. Do you have another inexpensive source?

• Ann Dixon Satterthwaite
    Ann Dixon Satterthwaite

This is a great project that I intend to try! Thank you so much for posting it and giving me the confidence to try it myself!

• Tricia
    Tricia

Great idea and lovely outcome.

I am going to do this!

Thank you for a wonderful idea.