Barn Door Mirror for Closet

74K Views
Time: 2 HoursCost: $250Difficulty: Easy
  • barn door mirror for closet
I knew when I added the mini walk in closet I did not want a traditional door, so I just did an opening. I finally gave up on finding a mirror due to size so I got a custom mirror so that was the most expensive part from Mirror Lot ( ) BONUS they send free samples of the frames you like!
  • barn door mirror for closet
There are quite a few places to get the hardware for a barn door, I used there are many colors and finishes, separated by mini and regular doors. I chose Cellar Hardware, matte black finish, and 5ft track length
  • barn door mirror for closet
Measured (and remeasured) where the hardware would go then drilled a hole into the mirror frame using a regular black and decker drill and appropriate size drill bit
  • barn door mirror for closet
next I hand twisted the screws (included when purchase hardware) into my pre drilled holes
  • barn door mirror for closet
So I did not have to worry about nailing into the studs and the predrilled holes in the hardware/track-- I nailed this scrap piece of wood into the wall through the studs with thick 3" screw. The black marker dots seen in the picture are the spots I would drill the hardware/track onto the wood
  • barn door mirror for closet
The mirror with hardware just rests onto of the track and here is the finished product :) CLOSED
  • barn door mirror for closet
OPEN finished product :)

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 15, 2018 10:21 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.