$5 Pottery Barn Knockoff

$5

The lamp pictured below is the Caitlyn lamp from Pottery Barn. In response to this week’s challenge, I was inspired to try a knockoff. Mine cost less than $5. I can experiment on a few more lamps before mine costs that much.
Inspiration
This is the garage sale lamp that I started with. It was once a bright brass lamp, but it was old when I got it, and spending months under my carport in the weather didn't help the finish any.
First, I cleaned it, as much as I could. Then, I taped off the top and the cord.
Because I planned to spray paint the lamp, I set up my drop cloth outside. I had to weight it down due to gusty winds. I took the lamp outside and sprayed it with a Rustoleum 2x Ultra Cover primer in flat white.
I was careful to use even, thin coats. In between letting the coats dry, I worked on other projects that also needed white primer.
These are some of the other pieces that I painted today. I was able to cover them all with one can of primer. They were Pottery Barn inspired, as well. I'll be posting them later. That link is at the bottom.
Once the paint had dried on the lamp, I took off the tape and put the shade on the finished lamp. I really love the way it turned out. And it was so quick and easy!

• Lamp base  (Garage Sale)
  • Rust-O-Leum Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Flat White Primer  (Home Store)
  • Painter's Tape  (Home Store)

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
15 Memorial Day Crafts
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!

To see more: https://www.hometalk.com/36074209/clean-crisp-look-for-old-containers?cid=5834435#c-5834435

• Teena

Did you put any paint over the primer?

• Jeanne Johnson Ortego

Teena, I didn't paint over the primer, because I liked that finish. You could use anything you wanted to over it, though.