$5 Pottery Barn Knockoff

$5

The lamp pictured below is the Caitlyn lamp from Pottery Barn. In response to this week’s challenge, I was inspired to try a knockoff. Mine cost less than $5. I can experiment on a few more lamps before mine costs that much.
Inspiration
Inspiration
5 pottery barn knockoff
This is the garage sale lamp that I started with. It was once a bright brass lamp, but it was old when I got it, and spending months under my carport in the weather didn't help the finish any.
5 pottery barn knockoff
First, I cleaned it, as much as I could. Then, I taped off the top and the cord.
5 pottery barn knockoff
Because I planned to spray paint the lamp, I set up my drop cloth outside. I had to weight it down due to gusty winds. I took the lamp outside and sprayed it with a Rustoleum 2x Ultra Cover primer in flat white.
5 pottery barn knockoff
I was careful to use even, thin coats. In between letting the coats dry, I worked on other projects that also needed white primer.
5 pottery barn knockoff
These are some of the other pieces that I painted today. I was able to cover them all with one can of primer. They were Pottery Barn inspired, as well. I'll be posting them later. That link is at the bottom.
5 pottery barn knockoff
Once the paint had dried on the lamp, I took off the tape and put the shade on the finished lamp. I really love the way it turned out. And it was so quick and easy!

• Lamp base  (Garage Sale)
  • Rust-O-Leum Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Flat White Primer  (Home Store)
  • Painter's Tape  (Home Store)

To see more: https://www.hometalk.com/36074209/clean-crisp-look-for-old-containers?cid=5834435#c-5834435

• Teena

Did you put any paint over the primer?

• Jeanne Johnson Ortego

Teena, I didn't paint over the primer, because I liked that finish. You could use anything you wanted to over it, though.