Asked on Apr 5, 2018

How to clean suede? Dirty from dust and mud.

DfmBarb bDIY Momma
+8

• Sharon
    Sharon

Always used a soft brush myself. And they do make a spray can cleaner for suede I used to use on my shoes.
  • Gk
    Gk

Use a small hand brush or a small scrub brush to brush the dirt and mud off. Do not use any sort of liquid. It will ruin the suede.
  • Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Good Suede Brush (Brass)
  • DIY Momma
    DIY Momma

I'm assuming that you're talking about shoes, or a small piece of clothing. The most important thing is to let the article dry out. Take a stiff brush and brush all the dirt you possibly can off the article. Some suggest a wire bristle brush, but that can cause damage. You want to restore the nap of the suede. Getting it wet repeatedly can cause that softness you wanted disappear. You can spray it with Scotch Guard to protect during future use.
  • Barb b
    Barb b

Use a soft brush on dry shoes to remove any debris. Any remaining spots can be removed by an eraser. Works for me
  • Dfm
    Dfm

for my suede jacket it went to a dry cleaner who specialized in leathers.