How can l remove dried nail glue from my new wood table top

+8
Yes

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 05, 2018
    try a dab of oil to losen the polish enough to be able to gently remove with a rubber scraper
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 05, 2018
    Insurance Claim? Furniture Restorer? Could try may be the nail glue remover? Anything you do may well leave its' mark on the table! You may have to re-stain and or varnish the area. Did you buy the table with a Credit Card - it may be covered ! Hope you have success.........
  • Deanna Nassar Deanna Nassar on Apr 05, 2018
    This is the link to a site about removing the glue. As I thought it's is acetone(nail polish remover). You have to be extremely careful not to get it on the wood since it will ruin the finish.

Treat it as major surgery. Mask off the area to sides of spill with masking tape or painters tape as close as possible to glue even if it overlaps just a hair. Then follow the directions given.
  • Charlee Hunter Charlee Hunter on Apr 05, 2018
    Oh boy, nail glue is tough. Nail polish remover might take it off, but it will also take off the finish of your table : ( They do make glue removers,but I dont now what those would do to the finish
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 05, 2018
    I think I would scrape it off cause you will usually only scrape the top coat off which you can match the finish easy. Whereas if you use acetone it will mess up the finish and stain.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Apr 05, 2018
    I would try heating it with a blow dryer or heat gun on low and carefully scrape off with a rubber spatula.
  • Carol Marszalek Carol Marszalek on Apr 05, 2018
    use a very fine nail buffer. After masking off the spot, then lightly buff. Afterward use mayonnaise to restore the shine.
  • Sydney Sydney on Nov 17, 2018

Goo gone will work with it just leave it on for 5 min then scrape off

• Rita Rita on Jul 31, 2021

I tried to apply nail glue but it didn't work for me :(😶😟

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 17, 2021

Rita, do you mean to say that you tried nail polish remover, but it did not remove the glue?

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 17, 2021

If the nail glue is strong like crazyglue, goo gone will not remove it.

You may need to try to sand it off, but it most likely will leave a damaged mark on the table. Can you put something over the spot where the glue is, such as an attractive doily, or small dish?