Rock On

20K Views
While looking through the Pottery Barn online catalog for ideas to create this week's challenge, I found this darling rock/succulent arrangement. It was a simple display of nature's best - rock and greenery.
Time: 2 HoursCost: $6Difficulty: Easy
  • rock on
This is the Pottery Barn arrangement that inspired my challenge piece. There are faux succulents but I also noticed that there is also a faux rock. Wow! I like natural things, so I set out to find a natural rock.
  • rock on
I had to look no further than our front porch. That was where I found this little gem, a prize that we had brought back from Big Sur many years ago. Perfect!
  • rock on
I gathered some faux succulents from the Dollar Tree and placed them strategically on the rock before attaching them using my trusty glue gun.
  • rock on
After experimenting with a variety of arrangements...
  • rock on
I added more succulents, then less because succulents naturally grow close together because when they drop a baby leaf it will often take root next to the parent plant. The rock was perfect and genuine, the succulents while artificial, were still attractive.
  • rock on
My final arrangement is as it should be - a great little representation of what would grow in nature. I hope that you like my little Pottery Barn knock-off. Peace be unto you.

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 18, 2018 10:30 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.