Asked on Apr 6, 2018

I’m looking for a light socket like this. Original lamp bought in

AnnieEmilyRo
+10

• Bijous
    Bijous

Oops! Picture didn't load. Please try again. Thanks!
  • Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

A suggestion would be to remove the old one and take it to a hardware store to find the same type.
    William

Looks like it's a light kit to adapt to bottles, vases, etc. to make a light out of them. Probably proprietary to the manufacturer of the lamp. You may need to use some lamp parts, tubing, nuts, and fabricate one as close as possible. You can check Home Depot, Menard's, and Lowes in the lamp parts department to find what will work. Back in the 70's I used to make lights out of all kinds of things using lamp parts until lamp manufacturers noticed the trend.
  • Barb Adams
    Barb Adams

How about using a large cork stopper in place of the rubber one ( https://www.amazon.com/large-cork-stoppers/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Alarge%20cork%20stoppers) and a lamp kit? You can add an in-line switch with one of these: (https://www.nationalartcraft.com/subcategory.asp?gid=1&cid=25&scid=425#4)

• Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

I would try an electric supply store, they specialize in different kinds of things not found in big box stores. Also look in gift and antique shops. You never know what you might find. You may have to rewire it if you can't find anything that works. Good luck with your project.
  • Annie
    Annie

Thanks! Already tried that. There was an issue with the cord having to be outside of the lamp and it looked terrible. The base is antique clear glass. Thanks again.
  • Annie
    Annie

Amen! Thats exactly what I’m trying to do.
  • Annie
    Annie

thanks
  • Ro
    Ro

If the lamp is not working you can re-wire it easily and use the same "stopper" like part. I would suggest not trying to replace something that looks hand made and unique - it will never be the same. You can buy wires and cord switches at any hardware store
  • Emily
    Emily

If all is o.k. with the socket, plug, switch etc, why not just rewire it?
  • Annie
    Annie

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I want to make another lamp and it would need this type of socket.