Jennifer Young
Jennifer Young
  • Covington, GA

New life to an old record player/stereo cabinet

Bought & redid an old stereo/record player cabinet that still works believe it or not! We replaced the speakers that were dry rotted, sanded it, painted it, replaced the fabric over the speaker covers, hand painted the hardware that couldn't be removed & this is the end result!
new life to an old record player stereo cabinet, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Love how it turned out!

• Rachael

I love what you have done!!! I have one that was passed down to me.... Haven't started working on it yet... The speaker covers are torn up.... What kind of material did you use?

• Jennifer Young

Sorry. I just saw your post. I used burlap with the medallion print already on it. Good luck redoing yours! It's a fun project!

• Rachael

Burlap!!!?!! What a fantastic idea!!! Cannot wait to start!!!! Thank you!!!

• Jordana Murphy

How did you replace the fabric if the cabinet doors are all faux?
  • Cheralee England

Does this still function as a stereo? If not what have you done for the inside

• Sha1455974

What Did You Use For Speakers?i got one that someone put on street for trash pick up and it works,just looking for ideas on how to redo it

• Ed Stines

@Shannonstringer19 You should be able to get speakers at sonicelectronix.com. I got very nice replacement speaker for an old Infinity stereo set and replaced the old one easily. Just look at the back of your speaker for the specs and supply them to Sonic, prices are reasonable too. Good luck.

• Jason Hinojosa

Hey Jennifer?

• Jason Hinojosa

I have one of these in working condition that I have gotten from a house we are remodeling. I'm curious what you payed for it and what It could be sold for?