Asked on Apr 6, 2018

Glue durability

JessieJaniceSassy
+5

If I’m making one of these windows and using Dap marine glue; can I hang the window in direct sunlight? Will the glue hold up to heat and 8-10 hours of sun?
  • My guess is yes. The package indicates it can be used on windshields.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H

Wow! This is gorgeous! I use Ge silicone-caulk clear for outdoors on bowling balls etc..

• Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

How did you make that? I want to do that! And that silicone sealer would be sunproof, too, as in windshields, headlights, trim, and boats. Best wishes ☺️
  • Melissa V
    Melissa V

Love that window design...you’ll definitely have to post your finished window! 😀
  • Charlee Hunter
    Charlee Hunter

I dont know about scilcone, I would use E6000 glue for something like this. It holds very well and is transparent.
  • Sassy
    Sassy

Yes, it will be able to handle the heat...and please take pictures as you go to share your project when you are finished!
  • Janice
    Janice

What a beautiful piece of art! The marine glue should hold up very well.
  • Jessie
    Jessie

I have it on a certain authority, that this product will hold up very well. It has UV resistance and adheres very well to glass, metal, wood and other surfaces and can withstand temperatures of up to 400 degrees.