Kitchen Remodel..1960’s

$1
4 Months
Advanced

We bought this little house a year ago, in a 55plus community. the kitchen was very small and closed in,hubs had to promise,written in blood,we would open it up. Now,this is not a 500$ fix,nor 2500$ fix. Everything had to go,except for the appliances. Which I had wished the previous owners had just left alone. These are soooo cheaply made. Anyway,we got a designer at HD..worked with her for a few months in
kitchen remodel 1960 s
Very old and very tight. Laminate as a backsplash, both arms extended across was the size.
kitchen remodel 1960 s
Took the walls out,refinished wood floors,added new wood floor in kitchen.
kitchen remodel 1960 s
Totally opened up into living room,now I can be part of jeopardy and wheel!🤗
kitchen remodel 1960 s
This is one of the best things...very wide drawers instead of the 5 18-20 inches. These are 30? Anyway..if you do nothing else,get very wide drawers,everything goes into 2 -3 drawers and everything has a very tidy space of its own. Sooo easy to find whatever. I was very hesitant about only 3 drawers as opposed to 5 smaller ones! But this is the best,
kitchen remodel 1960 s
We spent a bit on the hardware..that is the jewelry for the room! Worth it!
kitchen remodel 1960 s
The island is movable,and has huge drawers for pots,pans,plastic ware..and a garbage pullout! Awesome. No more bending!
So there you have it. It’s not perfect..that’s because we did not want to move plumbing or electrical. But that’s ok! 🤗😽 thanks for looking!

• Cabinets
  • Laminate countertop

• Bet31915015

I have a question about the new wood floor. How did you get it to blend with the previous wood floor?

• Bernice H

He also used different woods on the floor to replicate the varieties that were already there.

• Eroque022810

Wll thank you for sharing. It looks great. I'm very happy for you and pray that you have many great years of use out of that fabulous kitchen.

• Beth

I just love a beautiful and functional space. This is just lovely! I think my favorite part is that gorgeous tile 😍