What are the best rocks for a rock garden in Florida Sandy dirt

+4
I have a garden area that is so Sandy every plant I put in dies or gets over grown with weeds and I've decided to make it a rock garden instead with Planters on top

• Dawn Dawn on Apr 06, 2018
    Have you tried to speak to your local nursery about the best rocks to use? I know that sounds crazy but they may be able to give you some tips about which may be the best and also give you some tips on how to lay it out so you don't get overwhelmed on the project. Also try some ground cover with the rock garden and the nursery people may be able to give you some tips on that along with the soil. Where I lived in Maryland we had sandy soil too and had some decent luck with phlox as a ground cover. I wish you the best of luck with your rock garden!
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 07, 2018
    Call People Junction. They will ha've everything you need. They are in Sanford FL
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 07, 2018
    Correction: pepple junction
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Apr 07, 2018
    If you get homesick for the mountains, use river rock. Since you are putting in rocks, you can use buckets of salt water to kill the weeds, too. You can grow almost anything in containers. ☺️
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Apr 07, 2018
    Oh, I thought maybe it was pebble junction. lol
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 07, 2018
    Leave the plants in their pots and not directly planted in the soil.