Recovered Chair Using Drop Cloth Fabric

I reupholstered this chair using an inexpensive drop cloth fabric, and I'm happy to say it's going strong after two years. Neutral in color and inexpensive, it just may be the perfect choice for your first time upholstery project.
recovered chair using drop cloth fabric, painted furniture, reupholster
I was hesitant to use an expensive fabric on my first reupholstery project, so I pulled an inexpensive piece of drop cloth off my paint shelf and decided to give it a try. I love the look of the neutral cotton fabric, so I had nothing to lose.
Once you've attached the fabric, apply gimp along the edges to give it a finished look. I held off on adding any giimp to my chair until I knew the drop cloth would be durable enough to last. It has. And after two years, I think it's time to give it the final touch!

Sarah @ {Home-ology} modern vintage

• Wendy Pierre

I just tried my first upholstered chair today, using drop cloth the chairs were free from a friend who was throwing them out! 2 lazy boy recliners.

recovered chair using drop cloth fabric, painted furniture, reupholster, BEFORErecovered chair using drop cloth fabric, painted furniture, reupholster, AFTER
  • Heather

I have a chair almost identical to yours. I've been wanting to get it recovered because the "people" on the fabric pattern just isn't my style. I was going to pay someone to do it for me, but never got a quote. Thanks to you--I'm going to attempt to do it myself! :)