Is it possible to machine wash feather pillows at home

+4
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 07, 2018
    Yes you can! I wash them in hot water and do a second rinse cycle! And after the last rinse and spin I do another spin cycle to get out as much water as possible! I dry in the dryer!
  • Lorraine Lorraine on Apr 07, 2018
    It can be done but not easy. The down in the pillow creates a barrier inside the cover that’s keeps water out. several ways I’ve used. open cover and carefully transfer feathers to a old pillow case. Wash cover and reassemble. Or put pillow in tub and using lukewarm water and very small amount of detergent, wash .. dry outside. Turning frequently. Good luck
  • Nikki Nikki on Apr 07, 2018
    Yes just put inside a pillow case ad pinshut so it can't come out.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 07, 2018
    1. Yes! Follow these directions:
    2. Take the pillow out of the pillowcase. ...
    3. Check the pillow for any rips or holes. ...
    4. Put two pillows into the washing machine. ...
    5. Pour a low-sudsing laundry detergent into the detergent compartment.
    6. Set your washing machine to the delicate cycle. ...
    Consider using an extra rinse and spin cycles.
    Place the pillows in the dryer with tennis balls to fluff. Set on lowest heat setting until dry.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 07, 2018
    No! They clump up and smell when wet and are the devil to dry...........
  • Southern Belle Southern Belle on Apr 08, 2018
    I have expensive feather pillows..yes, I wash them. They do not smell if they have no quills mixed in. I take them from the washer, fluff them, lay them on folding table to air dry..then put them in the dryer to fluff them..just a few min.