Anyone know what kind of tree or plant is this?

+17
also are they expensive? i'm thinking of planting it in front of my house.

Thanks all in advance.

q anyone know what kind of tree or plant is this
  • Suzette Suzette on Apr 07, 2018
    Hi Dee, It looks like a "Spiky Palm Tree". You would have to check with your local nursery for pricing.

Good luck!
  • Cindy Cindy on Apr 07, 2018
    Sure looks like a palm tree to me.
  • Sharon Sharon on Apr 07, 2018
    I think its a Dracaena indivisa. Looked up price, $6.99 on Etsy, $25 on Lowes for 3 1/2 gal one.
  • San25238438 San25238438 on Apr 08, 2018
    Looks like Spanish Dagger to me.
  • Suzie Carpenter Suzie Carpenter on Apr 08, 2018
    Yucca cane
  • Melissa V Melissa V on Apr 08, 2018
    Agree, yucca variety that grows tall. If planting in a bed, group in threes/fives for more drama and natural effect. We had them by our pool growing up (in CA) and made a nice feature at night with lights shining up on them. They do require some maintenance by occasionally pulling off the dead leaves if you want the clean look as shown.
  • Lyn Lyn on Apr 08, 2018
    Yucca??

• I love how everyone has a different answer 😂 I don't know either, was curious if any of y'all do
  • Darlene Lewis Darlene Lewis on Apr 08, 2018
    I agree. it looks like a potted palm tree.I live in Florida .these trees are common in this area.....I had one removed from the yard 15 years ago because it was "SICK".they do shed leaves.I am not a fan of anything that requires maintenance.
    • Crystal Farrell Crystal Farrell on Apr 08, 2018
      I was thinking along the same lines, possibly a palmetto relative. I remember when I lived in Fla yrs ago there was a company going around PAYING people to let them remove them.
  • Kathy Jo Kroener Kathy Jo Kroener on Apr 08, 2018
    yucca I bet
  • Beth Beth on Apr 08, 2018
    It’s a yucca with various succulents planted under it. I think yuccas are pretty cheap, but not super fast growing, so a big one might be pricey.
  • Dee Vee Dee Vee on Apr 08, 2018
    thanks to all!!! found one on craigslist for cheap by searching "yucca" :-)
  • Goldilocks Goldilocks on Apr 08, 2018
    Definitely Yucca

• Mary Nelson Mary Nelson on Apr 09, 2018
    YUCCA. I planted three I was tired of years ago outside my patio in North East Florida. It gets burned by the frost/freezes but just requires leaves to be stripped off of the damaged ones and groomed a little and it's doing fine. Had temps in the 20's this winter and all 3 are hanging in there. I'd expect you could find them at big box garden centers. They don't seem to grow too fast but turned out a lot tougher then I expected.
  • Maria Corazon Crispino Maria Corazon Crispino on Apr 09, 2018
    It’s a yucca plant.

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Apr 12, 2018
    I love Cordyline...the maroon kind for flower beds. Planted with Dusty Miller and variegated Liriope, then add a couple of plants for color and it is stunning!!

• Shelia Green Shelia Green on Apr 13, 2018
    NOT a yucca. I’d go with spiky palm or dracaena. Hard to tell from the pic but draceanas do lose their lower leaves as they grow taller. I have many here in sw Fl.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 13, 2018
    I agree with Sheila, not a yucca, spiky palm gets my vote. I have Yucca plants and they do not look like this.