I left my iris in the ground over winter - help!

+4
I left my iris in the ground
Over winter (my friend said I could) but now I am
Concerned they have frozen. Will they come
Back? We had temperatures of zero and several times below that.
They were beautiful and bloomed so bountifully.

• Marion Nesbitt Marion Nesbitt on Apr 08, 2018
    Live on the Prairies in Canada and have lived in Toronto. Gets a lot colder and it has never affected my iris. In fact, sometimes a really brutal winter will spur them to be more prolific. Unless, your iris is a dif variety ????, don't worry needlessly.
  • Fae Burgener Fae Burgener on Apr 08, 2018
    I don't think you need to worry. They are very hardy and can stand below freezing temperatures
    Iris's are very hardy even in subzero temperatures.
  • Rus31435457 Rus31435457 on Apr 08, 2018
    Go ahead and leave them then they take a lot of cold abuse. I was trying to get rid of one of mine and I threw it on the compost heap it was in the middle of the winter frozen solid to the ground and it looked pretty bad I was hoping to kill it, however it bloomed the next year. I was absolutely amazed.
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Apr 08, 2018
    I live in Canada, cold winters, temperatures in the negatives, snow on the ground from November to April....my iris come back every year. Yours will be just fine, iris is a very hardy bulb plant!
  • Bol27333176 Bol27333176 on Apr 08, 2018
    I have always had the and I live in Wisconsin... you shouldn’t need to worry unless they are a tropical hybrid. Also since you don’t dig them up they should spread.

• Margie Margie on Apr 08, 2018
    Awesome. Thanks