Best plants to plant around a mailbox with full sun and heat from

+4
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 08, 2018
    my go to is better homes and gardens ...but I’m zone 5. I’ve seen a few cactus type gardens when in san tony visiting family. A local landscape shop may be a good investment. They can make a personalized plan, offer a few suitable plants that actually will grow In the conditions present. My aunt eventually gave up on having a garden.
  • How about geraniums? Mine sit in the blazing sun next to a slumpstone wall. I do nothing except water occasionally and deadhead when needed. Lavender, sedum, daisies do well too.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 08, 2018
    I would agree - Geraniums for colour......Grey coloured Foliage plants like would look good with them too.
  • Patricia Howard Patricia Howard on Apr 08, 2018
    Try Lantana, they come in lots of colors, very hardy and love the sun

• Pat Pat on Apr 08, 2018
    Do you live in a climate where streets are salted in the winter? Flowers are hard to grow in that situation but I have seen marigolds, and petunias around mailboxes.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 08, 2018
    Go to your local nursery and look for plants with tags that say "full sun". Make sure that they don't grow too tall or they may bend and break unless they are properly staked. Also, make sure that they are constantly watered.
  • Lantana or African daisys love sun, is hardy and doesn't mind drying out a bit