DIY head light cleaner for really cloudy lenses

+6
  • Plain old toothpaste, not gel.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 08, 2018
    thooth paste with a grit in it, no gel types. May take a while, but it does work.
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 08, 2018
    Hi Judy,
    You could spray on a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water. That should do the trick. If it needs more, put a paste of baking soda and water on the light, then spray on the vinegar & water mix. Let it sit for a short time, then rinse. I hope that helps you. Wishing you the best.
  • Gloria Sinopoli Gloria Sinopoli on Apr 08, 2018
    I've been told to use toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Haven't tried it tho.
  • Linda Linda on Apr 08, 2018
    I poured regular coke over my old van lenses and it really did a good job. I had tried the creams, toothpastes and nothing seemed to really help. My son suggested the coke and it really worked!
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 08, 2018
    Try wiping it in circular motion with non-gel toothpaste and an old t-shirt. Followed by Windex.
  • William William on Apr 08, 2018
    I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Apr 08, 2018
    plain white toothpaste
  • P McCammon P McCammon on Apr 11, 2018
    There are headlight restoring kits you can buy. Check at auto parts store. Turtle wax makes one and it's about $10.